7.8.08

SYTYCD Fever No More

And the winner is...

JOSHUA!!!!! ahakjfkdajlasofiajsdkfjas!!!

After a wonderful finale, Joshua, the guy branded with "no previous experience", is the winner of the fourth season of So You Think You Can Dance. I am really happy and satisfied with his win because, well, who the hell doesn't love him?

Truth be told, Katee was my first pic. When the top four was on the stage and Courtney's name was called, I felt that my theory, my guess, as to who the winner would be was that much closer to being correct. BUT unfortunately, when the top three were standing up there, Katee was sent home :( At least they gave her money.

Either way, it doesn't really matter who won, each one on the top 4, even top 6, was AHHHMMAZZINGG.


SO NOW for the actual performances of the finale. I loved the idea of redoing all of the best dances of the season. Seeing them once again, all better-performed than the first time, was astonishing and pleasant and entertaining. My favorites: Katee and Will's Pas de Deux, Courtney and Mark's Jazz, and Chelsie and Mark's hip hop. The rest were obviously worth watching, but the three mentioned above were works of art. breathtaking. le shit.

Now for the alternate entertainment - or, the time-filling, audience-getting stuff they stuck on in addition to what everyone was actually there for.

I have to start off with the Jonas Brothers (JB, some call 'em). Ummmm. Really? Their clothes were okay. The lyrics made no sense. They could have at least had great voices to back up how hot they amongst them tweens. Seriously. I felt bad for poor Nick (the younger curly-haired one, right?) trying his hardest to keep up with the music and even keep pitch. Joe had a better time of actually being heard, at least. The performance was not spectacular; sadly, it was what one would expect of a boy band popular amongst the 12 year old crowd (and older...way older). At least they didnt lip sync.

The Cirque du Soleil piece was quirky and interesting and very entertaining. But it was choreographed by Wade Robson, so I guess I'm not completely shocked. Mourning the death of a bunny? Brilliant.

Popping was out of this world. Did you see the Robert guy??!! MANNN. No wonder IKEA booked him for that commercial. Phillip was also great, and like the judges said, he was more musical. It was hard to decide which guy I enjoyed more, because they were somewhat different: there was Phillip, who tried to keep with the music and apply moves to the music, and on the other hand there was Robert, who did whatever the hell he wanted, doing his stuff, music or no music (what music?).


And that's a wrap people. So You Think You Can Dance Season 4 is officially wrapped up. siigh. What shall I do for my dance fix now, you ask? Well, for one, SYTYCD Canada will be starting up this fall, so maybe Ill be able to find it on the internet (hehe). Or I think I'll sign up for some dance classes. I think I have been inspired.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I have found a friend. I'm pleased that Joshua won. I thought that it was great the way the ended the season with previous performances. Looooved Katee's and Will's performances.

Perfect.