9.6.08

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - not your typical romantic comedy

* A little bit spoilers ahead *
Last night I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. AHHH-mazing. Really. Its different from any romantic comedy disguised as a drama- and yes, it is classified as a comedy, and since it involves romance, I have gone ahead and labeled it a romantic comedy, although, let me tell you, it is different that The Notebook or My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I love that layers and the development of the plot - starting off at the end. And the the idea of erasing memories. I think the director tries to explain how much we cherish our memories - no matter how painful, they still make us who we are and are key to our individual development.

I will definitely watch this movie again. Though it doesn't involve the clumsy blonde falling in love with her prince charming in spacious Manhattan apartement, but it has the beauty of true love - two people not ideally perfect but with an ideal love. Ehh it sounds cheesy. But it just shows how muchh I adore the moviee :] hehe

1 comment:

Fashionably collaborative thought box said...

ahhh how i looove this movie tooo! I love kate winslets constantly changing hair - its gorgeous! (in the film i mean!) froommm - definitionpoliticalspeakspace.blogspot.com xxx