26.6.08

Mrs. French President

So I can't sleep. It's midnight. Well, more than midnight. It is the AM of the next day. Usually a time when people sleep. Especially when these people have to wake up bright and early to go read stories to little children. Fun. When you can't sleep, they tell you it may be because you're stressing over something. Am I fearful and worried that I will (once again) not find the location of this reading tent I must attend. Quite possibly. It is a particular worry. I have never not-found a place. Twice. It tends to sink a reputation. If a cared about reputations, of course. Reputations, schmations. But still. As I was twisting and turning under my hot and uncomfortable covers (the weather is reaching its summer norm), I remember of a little song I heard a few days ago. It was a pleasant surprise, might I add. As I was looking for French Valentine's Day cards (as the upcoming president of French Club *flashes grin* this is pretty much what my duties consist of), I happened along a website featuring, amongst cards of a wide-ranging selection, French Cafe music (I also looked at this, if, perhaps, French Club would be interested in something French food. yum, non?) AND THEN happened along this song: Quelqu'un M'a Dit. Now this in itself came as a nice suprise - I was not expecting much from the worthless-looking CDs. But after listening to the clip, I was hooked. I wanted more. I absolutely loved it. And so, with the ease with which information is found nowadays, I found about 12,300,000 (give or take) results to my dilemna in .29 seconds. Immmmmpressive. The first link was one to youtube, and whatdyaknow - it was Carla Bruni! (The wife of Nicolas Sarkozy, the French President, for those of you not in the know). Pleasant surprise, I tell you. First Lady, ex-model, and now singer?

This song just has that je ne sais quoi. It seems the perfect addition to a rainy evening cozied up in your cozy armchair, a faint-glowing lamp by your side with the rain beating a melodic drum against your dark, dark... You get the point.

Link to said video, thanks to youtube, of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUedRUJ_HA

But before you go on a Carla Bruni craze - let me warn you. In my humble opinion, the others are not so great. Especially her English ones *shudders*. Okay, enjoy, goodnight, now. Playing this here lullaby has onset a sudden desire to close my eyes and.... finally.

No comments: