19.9.08

A Much Needed Breather

I am really enjoying this entire week of no school. Hurricane Ike, I love you. With the weather in Houston still pseudo-summery at a comfy 70-something weather, I am finding these days quite reminiscent of my summer days in Toronto not long ago. It allows me to take everything baby step-by-step, like my APUSH notes or physics homework, or even the much dreaded driver's ed booklet. I even have the time to look through my August issue of Elle (about time...), refreshing my inspiration meter and reinstituting my dreams and cravings for NYC and Paris. Screw individual holidays like Martin Luther King Day or Labor Day. I vote for entire weeks, like this Hurricane Ike Week we're having here.

I does do for a refreshed spirit and attitude when returning to school come Monday.

1 comment:

Belowen said...

I hope you're enjoying your time off!