11.7.08

Friday Night in the Big City...

...and what am I doing? Why, sitting on my bed skedoodling, of course. Well, trying to. Getting ready to. You see, I have this thing for crayons and colored pencils and markers. I think it's the awesome array of colors that every single yellow box of 'em contains. This evening I rode my bicycle over to Shoppers Drug Mart to buy myself some minutes for my phone (exciting, no?). Of course, right beside the rack with the various cards was also the school supply section with various yellow boxes of various kinds of markers and colored pencils. I couldn't resist. You see, I especially like the off-colored markers - you know, magenta instead of red, a limey green instead of the usual pine forest one, ya know. So, in the end, I ended up going to the cash register with not only my Rogers Prepaid Card (which was of course what I went in to get) but also a 20-pack of Supertips markers, a 24-pack of colored pencils (I was quite serious when I said that I love colors), and a sketch pad (I've always wanted one. I guess something to do with the image of sitting at a cafe in Paris, sipping strong, black coffee, sketching away...). I love you Crayola.


But honestly, it is set up to be quite a pleasant evening.
I quite like this kind of quiet time - sitting and possibly coloring (after I finally decide to - I want my first page to be really nice - it will, after all the one I will be seeing most often when I crack open said sketch book in the future).

okay, well, happy coloring!

No comments: