16.7.08

Money money money, its so funny

Purchased yesterday:





UFO-green and black (not pictured) leggings. They add quite a pop to an outfit, eh?
From American Apparel.
sidenote: you know, Ive always wanted to go to the store. I've heard so much about and was quite deprived of it over in Houston. But I went and saw and tried on - all in all the store is great for basics, although I do think many of the things are over-priced, being that they are so simple (I will pay more for something original - pay for design and creativity, right?). BUT I probably will be coming back for said basics. I mean, they're so hard to find, and when you do find them, the fit,etc. - it's hard to find a perfect one. Luckily, American Apparel here makes that job quite easy.




Black and white bohemian skirt at French Connection (it's shorter than it looks here in the picture - it's pretty high-waisted, you see). I LOVE this skirt - it is one that I have been looking for for forever. I'm not a big skirt fan (I like 'em dresses) so to find one that I adore is a scarcity. It's perfect for the hot, summer days and being that there's summer in where I live 6 months a year, this here skirt is ideal. And it has pockets.





I also bought a blue top from French Connection.

I had reached the point where I was looking into my closet and really truly seriously putting on my thinking cap, trying to find a creative way to incorporate the many items of clothing I had already worn a gazillion times. I knew it was time to hit the stores, but I was tired of the malls. I wanted to walk down and street and look into windows. On Yonge Street I found French Connection. I had gone in there before and I loved everything I saw in there - it was probably the first store in which I was willing to buy everything I saw. Yesterday, it was the 60% off sale that let me regain faith in the place. I also hit up American Apparel for the reason mentioned above.


Things learned:
1) H&M is no longer a go-to store. Sorry H&M, but the clothes are just not cutting it anymore. sure, there are the few here and there, but seriously, nothing is fitted and it just kinda hangs. And not in a good way.
2) Open-air shopping is best. Explore the city, right?

No comments: