19.7.08

"The Peak of Perfection in Handmade Chocolate" indeed


While on the subject of Niagara-on-the-Lake: today I ate the most deliciously exquisite chocolate. Almost ever. Yum. Where, you ask? Why, at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, of course.


When I first saw the tiny shop with the words "Chocolate Factory" on Queen Street in NotL, brimming with people, I knew I had to go in. Inside, chocolate galore. And none of the truffles or chocolate that you get in bombonniers but never eat (i hate marcepan or really dark chocolate, sorry). Milk chocolate, my loves. And plenty of it. Seeing as how my mother was in a good mood today (it is quite wonderful still being under the care of my parents. I can't complain...) I had nothing but to point at anything I wanted.


I am usually a horrible decision-maker, but today luckily my decision was easily made and I chose a peppermint patty, cranberry bar, english toffee bar, something called a Tiger Bomb (best one) and a peanut butter cup (although, props to Reese's - you guys are still number one in my heart). And my mom threw in a bag of chocolate-covered almonds.


I must say, today was a pretty good day.




Okay so I thought this Rocky Mountain place was a One Hit Wonder kinda deal - turns out they're all over the place, US and Canada. Check 'em out and find a place near you!



No comments: