29.7.08

Mission Accomplished


And so the journey comes to an end. I have purchased my beloved Charleston Chews.

The ride wasn't easy. I was forced to use my last option and email Customer Service to hint me on where I could find the candy bar. They replied with a detailed list of the mini version, the full bar version, and the 24-pack, meant for independent retailers. On the list, I was only interested in the full bars because, well, I would much rather indulge on an entire foot-long delight than just have little samplings of it in the form of little mini pieces. After consulting my handy dandy maps.google.com, I found but three places that were accessible to me. And so, after three days of diligent searching, I made the long journey to Parliament Street (walked all the way across downtown, man) and found the red X on the map - The Bargain Shop. A quaint little place, featuring dollar Gillette deodorant and Abercrombie. And of course, Charleston Chew candy bars in both vanilla and chocolate for the very affordable bargain price of 50 a pop.

And so I bought five.

See you in five pounds, readers.

No comments: